IGIC 2012 - 4th International Games Innovation Conference 2012
The conference is a platform for disseminating peer-reviewed papers that describe innovative research and development of game technologies. Participation from academia, industry and government are welcome.
|Where||Rochester, NY, USA|
|Contact Name||Charlotte Kobert|
|Add event to calendar||
- Multi-player Games: cloud based games, networked games, location awareness, infrastructure, performance, latency, architecture, security
- Game Platforms: mobile/handheld, computers, consoles, portable consoles, cloud servers, network servers, system architecture, network architecture
- Beyond Entertainment: health, exercise, education, training, business, advertising, social change, usability beyond games
- Design, Development and Production: design of games, tools, interdependencies of software & hardware, graphics, animation, content generation, artificial intelligence, cinematography
- Interfaces: interoperability, wearable devices, biometrics, 3D effects, haptics, gaze, proximity, audio, gesture
- Technology: multi-core processors, mobile SoC, memory, 3D display, 3D graphics, augmented reality, virtual reality, storage, vision, imaging, wireless, RF, MEMS, nano devices??
- User Experience: playing experience, behavioral impact, social impact, player modeling, learning, cultural impact, lessons from games
- Play: Theories of Play, historical evolution of play, relationship between electronic andnon-electronic forms of games and toys, psychological dimensions of play, play across the lifespan, impact of computers on play, player-audience interactions.
- Game Design and Development Education: Curriculum Design, Course Design, Survey of Existing Programs, Informal Education